Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stop me before I volunteer again!


Here is a story about an unwanted guest
Who put one host through a difficult test
She was invited to our house just for two days
That later proved to be an inconvenient phase

To start with, she was a complete stranger to me
I was naïve to be giving her some advice for free
I usually do not invite people to stay with me
Made an exception thinking how bad could it be

 I was excited; tried to make her stay pleasant
Hoping she would leave, even got her a present
With excuses the duration of the stay increased
My interest in making a good meal decreased

She had a messed up life and a complicated health
I suggested her to return and quit going after wealth
She refused to leave and started throwing tantrums
I had to deal with a stranger’s life and her problems

Adding dollars to my budget overstaying her welcome
Grating on my nerves a huge monster she has become
She was there everywhere; in my mind in my house
Finally, to get rid of her I strategized with my spouse

Giving a career advice we put her on the next flight
I came home relieved; ate a bowl of mango delight
In the one week of her stay I became totally insane
Told my spouse to stop me before I volunteer again!

No comments:

Post a Comment